– 3 tbsp olive olive
– 2/3 cup finely chopped celery
– 2/3 cup finely chopped carrot
– 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
– 2 bunches of thyme (approx 18 sprigs)
– 2 bay leaves
– 48oz chicken stock
– 28oz jar tomatoes (remove skins)
– 2 garlic cloves (smashed)
– 2/3 cup finely sliced red pepper
– 1 cup finely sliced zucchini
– 1 1/2 cups of ditalini pasta (cooked very al dente)
– plenty of freshly ground salt and pepper
– Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, add the ingredients from the top, down to the bay leaves and cook stirring over medium heat for approx 3 minutes.
- Next add the chicken stock, can of tomatoes, and garlic cloves. Cook over medium heat until the carrots are just about tender, but not too soft. Add the pepper and cook for approx 1 minute.
- Then, add the zucchini, and pasta stir well and remove from heat. Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Season well and to your liking with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
(Feel free to add a can of white beans when you add the pasta or, in place of the pasta)