My new favorite salad! Arugula tossed with lemon and olive oil, served with roasted golden beets, shallots, zebra tomatoes, goat cheese, pickled green beans and of course a poached egg. With salads I do not typically provide measurements as they are dishes that everyone should be comfortable making (for the most part) without a recipe. So look at this post not as a recipe, but as inspiration!!!
A Salad Hearty Enough for Dinner! …Featuring:
– Zebra Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
– Roasted Golden Beets (peeled and quartered)
– Shallots (thinly sliced)
-Pickled Green Beans
Guest Starring: Lemon, Olive Oil, Goat Cheese, and Poached Egg
1. Pickle Green Beans (see below), and in the meantime preheat oven to 350.
2. Next, put beets into a pan, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper put into preheated oven. Bake covered for about 20 minutes, then remove cover and bake another 25 minutes until beets are tender and can be pierced with a fork.
4. In a bowl add the arugula, beets, tomatoes, & shallots. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper, then add a squeeze of lemon. Toss well and gently with your hands. Taste arugula and adjust as needed.
5. Plate dressed salad and top with crumbled goat cheese, poached egg, and pickled green beans.
Pickled Green Beans
– 1 1/2 cups of distilled white vinegar
– 1 1/2 tbsp honey
– big pinch of salt
– 3 whole allspice
– 1/4 tsp coriander
– 1/4 tsp black pepper corns
– 1/4 tsp mustard seed
– 1 cup green beans
• Place green beans in glass container and stick everything in the jar with them with the exception of the vinegar, honey, and salt. Bring the vinegar, honey, and salt to a boil on the stove top, then pour over everything in the container. Leave uncovered until cool. Once cool serve or place in the refrigerator until they needed.